• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NVR Autum Diesel Gala 3/4/5 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

D306

Established Member
From Preserved Diesel forum

ADULT DAY £15.00 , CHILD £7.50 , FAMILY £37.50 , SENIOR CITIZEN £11.50
ADULT 2 DAY £25.00 , CHILD 12.00 , FAMILY £62.50 , SENIOR CITIZEN £20.00
ADULT 3 DAY £35.00 OTHER PRICES TBC..

In attendance:
D9516, D9520, D9523, 20069, 25057, 31271, 37518 (Debut in it's new Livery), 40106, (D306), 47270, 56312, 66727, 73136, 117 DMU, 107 DMU, Sentinal DL83+Barabel

Lineup looks good so far. Over the coming week and possibly next, the final confirmation for another loco will appear.

I'll be there, and on the EE locos (not the 73). Hopefully up the front end of a few journeys.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
May do Sunday, Going to Whitby on some 37's Saturday but Llangollen are also holding a gala which could be the last chance to sample 37240 as it is up for sale, plus the NVR is as flat as a pancake while the Llangollen most certainly isn't 8)

EE Type 3

Established Member
Definately Llangollen for me, the last proper diesel gala there is too good to miss, I hope the drivers try to break 240 on Berwyn <D<D

Established Member
Definately Llangollen for me, the last proper diesel gala there is too good to miss, I hope the drivers try to break 240 on Berwyn <D<D

Personally I think they should go all the way and have there best do ever for the last one, 37240 with two sets together (load 10) and all the other traction on the back and run beer-exs till gone midnight, that would certainly make 240 produce some sparks and wouldn't suprise me if that think was flaming by the time it had done a few runs. If they took my idea up for the beerexs i think I would have to flag the Whitby tour 8)

Established Member
Personally I think they should go all the way and have there best do ever for the last one, 37240 with two sets together (load 10) and all the other traction on the back and run beer-exs till gone midnight, that would certainly make 240 produce some sparks and wouldn't suprise me if that think was flaming by the time it had done a few runs. If they took my idea up for the beerexs i think I would have to flag the Whitby tour 8)
24054 visiting.... No gen on anything leaving yet though
25057 away from Sheringham so actually reachable without descending to deepest Anglia is too much of an opportunity to refuse, in an ideal world I'd do both but can't see it being doable financially!

Last edited:

EE Type 3

Established Member

WAKE UP!! IT WAS ALL A DREAM :lol::lol:

Established Member
24054 visiting.... No gen on anything leaving yet, although we were mega outbid for the rodent so there is a strong bid gone in for that.

25057 away from Sheringham so actually reachable without descending to deepest Anglia is too much of an opportunity to refuse, in an ideal world I'd do both but can't see it being doable financially!

Yeah i want 25057 but can't let Llangollen go without a last bash, besides will do the NNR Gala when 37032 is back and have it then. If you go to the NVR on the Saturday and want to go to Llangollen on the Sunday let me know, i'll be doing Whitby sat but there will be at least one car going to Llangollen on that Sunday, will be ours if no one else is going from our normal lot.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
24054 visiting....

It's going GWR to pair up with 081 in October as well...think that might have to be done!

FusionRail

56311+56312 "Artemis" operational. YAY!!!

Traction running with Mk1, DMU & DSB sets as coaching stock. Limited locos on the Friday.

Good ticket deals, linesiding etc available. BBQ + Beer Fest.

No veg/froth allowed!

Established Member
Will be there one of the days after the Whitby tour and Llangollen have been caped, need to get 25057 in and also a spin on the ED which I ain't had in ages.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
:lol:

I was going to ask if it was sarcasm from FusionRail!

I am considering this, but I am also planning to chase some EMT and/or NXEC Valentas...That or I might actually be working, I won't know for sure until the Monday or Tuesday before the event TBH.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Bloody hell, just got some mental images of that come into my head. That would be flipping fantastic! Shame it'll never happen.

Established Member
Hopefully less of the silly combinations this time aswell

Yes I agree, at the last gala 37518 was only given two round trips each day both in pairs, one with the 31 and the other with the 40, it only powered the one way on each run apart from the odd thrash here and there :roll:

Galvanize

Yes I agree, at the last gala 37518 was only given two round trips each day both in pairs, one with the 31 and the other with the 40, it only powered the one way on each run apart from the odd thrash here and there :roll:

I thought March's TT was quite shoddy, though to be fair, the origional one had to be pulled because of circumstances beyond the team's control! But even with both, they did not give 37518 a solo run (on the mark 1s), nor did they give 47270 (if dual braked), a run with the mark 1s, and annoyingly, 56003 had to wait until the last train of the day for it's 30 minutes of fame! :|

Oh, and no beerex either that weekend, what was going on?!

I had shared the front window on the return run of the 37/40 combination, and could confirm that 518 was being used as dead weight for D306 from Peterborough to the bridge at Castor! :roll:

btw, is the DMU going to be used as hauled stock again?

Established Member
Oh, and no beerex either that weekend, what was going on?!

Don't think they normally have one on the March gala but do on the October one, October 07 was 2 or 3 return trips with 37518!

I had shared the front window on the return run of the 37/40 combination, and could confirm that 518 was being used as dead weight for D306 from Peterborough to the bridge at Castor! :roll:

Was it you who stood a few windows back from me on the 31/37 run when I was stood at the second window in the corridor with the dog, I remember someone from the forum saying hello?

Galvanize

Yes it probably was me, jumped on at Ferry Meadows ;)
On the combination with the bucket, I shared the front window with Aureol, Brooksie and others :) Are the dogs coming for a day out to the NVR again, with "RICKAAAAAAAAY!"

As for the beerex's, I remember in March 2007 they had at least 2 beerexs, with load 8, first train was booked for 3x class 56, then the second booked for 3x56 on the Peterborough end, with 31271 and booked 33063 (but subbed by 065), on the Wansford end!

Established Member
Are the dogs coming for a day out to the NVR again, with "RICKAAAAAAAAY!"

Dunno, will try and find out closer the time.

As for the beerex's, I remember in March 2007 they had at least 2 beerexs, with load 8, first train was booked for 3x class 56, then the second booked for 3x56 on the Peterborough end, with 31271 and booked 33063 (but subbed by 065), on the Wansford end!

Yeah remember that actually, I didn't attend due to lack of interesting traction (to me personally that is), Weren't there some farce though that meant all three didn't work on the saturday beerexs due to crews, somebody rang me up about it?!

Galvanize

Yeah remember that actually, I didn't attend due to lack of interesting traction (to me personally that is), Weren't there some farce though that meant all three didn't work on the saturday beerexs due to crews, somebody rang me up about it?!
Well 56098 failed on saturday afternoon, and they obviously couldn't rectifiy it in time for the beerex on saturday, so 56003 and 56057 took it multied up instead! But it was Sunday the last train was booked for 3x class 56, but due to the cumulative delays throughout the day, meant the crews hours were up or something like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.