• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NW England First group Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

Honestly does not take too long to apply for. The tests are pretty simple. Id say if you have a spare hour and a bit, get it done!

Octopus28

Definitely apply ASAP!! I passed the SJT so got the email for the next assessment and was able to carry on and do the alphanumeric test....finger crossed now! Good luck to you all xx

jbailey93

Does anyone know what the pass mark might be for the alphanumeric assesment? I know I got one wrong but you can't go back, instant regret as soon as I clicked.

Octopus28

It’s more about getting as many correct in the quickest time....it’s better to get 1 wrong in 3 minutes than it is 3 wrong in 2 minutes! Speed and accuracy always!

RSTurbo50

Looks like I didn’t pass the initial assessment as I haven’t had a follow up email. The questions had very similar answers in my opinion and it was very difficult to pick them out specifically...

Sr123

I applied, with near 5000 characters in the section about my employment, jeez.
After that, I completed the 19 questions where I had to answer most or least likely. Straight after that I did the same/different test.
What’s next?

Rover77

Looks like I didn’t pass the initial assessment as I haven’t had a follow up email. The questions had very similar answers in my opinion and it was very difficult to pick them out specifically...
I completed the sjt at 8.30 this evening. I too have not had the nest test sent to me. I'm holding out hope that this may be because its outside business hours. But it's the hope that kills you. Think I may have to accept it's not to be.

Rover77

Still no second test. I did have massive technical issues with computer freezing up a few times but wasnt timed so assume it hasn't made a difference. Looks like I've blown it. I'm totally gutted.

Sr123

Still no second test. I did have massive technical issues with computer freezing up a few times but wasnt timed so assume it hasn't made a difference. Looks like I've blown it. I'm totally gutted.

what happens when you log in? No option there?

TomRollo

Completed both the tests Friday. Very new to this. Have not previously considered a career move. I'm 33 and been in public services for 10 years. Several colleagues are now train driving and have encourage me.
Good luck.

Busyboy89

Both tests completed they emailed me after each stage telling me I’ve been invited to take the next test and then to say all they’ve all been received. Fingers crossed for everyone

Rover77

That sounds a bit unlucky
I dont know why it took so long but got the second test emailed on Thursday. I completed it but I'm worried I took too long. Timer was flashing red and had 1.37 left on it. Hey ho you never know.

Ewie13

I do t suppose anybody has heard anything following the numbers assessment have they?

richfoz84

i replied about this process in another thread butt thought i'd add here aswell.
Had an email two days later to say unsuccessful. It didn't let me complete the second assessment. It was a rushed application to be honest so i'm not surprised. Onto the next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.