• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NXEA trainee depot driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccas

I applied for the trainee depot driver jobs at Ilford and Colchester a couple of weeks ago now, the closing date was the 11th. But haven't heard anything yet. Anyone any idea how long they normally take?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

You won't have heard anything yet if the closing date is on the 11th April! ( I presume you mean the 11th April, and not the 11th march if you only applied a couple of weeks ago)!

Maccas

the closing date was the 11th March which is 3 weeks now without hearing anything, what do you think?

HST Power

Established Member
Give it time! Rail Departments are renowned for their slow moving nature.

neville

Hey all sorry if this questions be answered a million times but the assessment tests for a depot driver, are they along the same lines as the mainline driver assessments? And if you sat an assessment for mainline driver and failed can u sit a depot driver assessment a few days after or do you have to wait 6 months?

Thanks

big dave

As far as I know letters with practice material was sent out to successful candidates at the beginning of last week so you should have heard by now.

It would seem that the assessments are the same so you would not be able to re sit for 6 months.

Hope that helps and sorry if its bad news.

neville

Cheers mate, I got the practice material. I'm just thinking I have a drivers assessment this week then the nxea depot one the week after, if I do the drivers one but don't know the results and do the nxea one what would happen if I'd failed the driver one but passed the nxea depot driver. Would it still count even though I didn't know I'd failed the 1st until after id sat the 2nd assessment? Cheers for the feedback

big dave

you should know on the day if you have passed of not. The staff at the assessment center should give you details of when you can have another go if you do not pass, and if you pass you get to do it all again......

rs2kmk5

Does anyone know if NXEA make contact with unsuccessful applicants?

Big Dave, I assume your response is only to Neville, not to the OP - Maccas?

big dave

Just to clarify things....

Original post: As far as I know those who applied with NXEA for the trainee dopot drivers job should know by now if they will be attending an assessment day.

As for the assessment it would seem that it is the same as a mainline drivers assessment so I would assume that if you have failed one of those in the last 6 months you will not be allowed to sit another. (You should know on the day if you have passed/ failed, although just because you pass its still no guarantee you will go any further)

I don't know if NXEA gets into contact with unsuccessful applicants - sorry.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

dalwilrol

I applied for the trainee depot driver jobs at Ilford and Colchester a couple of weeks ago now, the closing date was the 11th. But haven't heard anything yet. Anyone any idea how long they normally take?

Yes i also applied and not heard anything.. presumed didnt get through :( Do you recon they let you know even if you have been unsuccessful? Or is 3 weeks a relatively short time to be waiting to hear anything? I hope I get through and good luck to you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.