• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OBB and Business Class upgrade

camperdown9

Chestfield, Kent & Chatillon Sur-Seine, Burgundy
Hi

I have booked a first class ticket from Munich to Budapest with Deutsche Bahn. The service is actually operated by OBB and the ticket came with seat reservations.

I have also booked Vienna to Zurich but I did that directly with OBB. When I went to get seat reservations for this journey it offered me the option to upgrade to Business class for €15.

Now here is my question if I buy a seat reservation for the train between Munich and Budapest and pay for the upgraded to Business Class can I use that with my DB ticket for the same train?

Thanks

Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wellhouse

You can book a Business Class upgrade on the OBB website or App.

Book another ticket for the train you are already booked for, but where it says discounts, scroll down (there are lots of options!) and select Ticket Deutschland Vorhanden (German First Class ticket already held) and select seat reservation only. You are then offered the option of a Business Class upgrade. It's a similar process when holding an Interrail or Eurrail Pass.