• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Obscure old film (movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeaves

Established Member
Around 25 years ago I watched a film, the title of which I cannot remember. Can you assist, please?

This is what I do remember of it:
  • Most (I think) of the story concerned the 'good guy' creating a car with a cuckoo clock in the engine/under the bonnet for unrealistic performance (some of the 'driving fast' scenes were obviously sped up).
  • Somehow or other the 'bad guy' came into possession of the car.
  • When the 'good guy' found the car he could prove it was his by the cuckoo clock under the bonnet... only the 'bad guy' had replaced it.
  • The car was an old Skoda, Lada, Trabi or similar.
  • If I remember the scenery well, the film was probably set around Austria or Switzerland.
  • The film may not have been new when I saw it; I would guess 1980s.
  • It was 'live action', not an animation, and was in colour.
  • It was likely hired from Blockbuster!
I saw this with my wife, who now has no idea what I am talking about (no comments, please...). A session with a well-known internet search engine gives hundreds of ornamental clocks in the shape of cars and plenty of other interesting things but absolutely nothing to do with this unknown film!

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MAV39

www.imdb.com is usually the best resource for film information, but even this didn't come with much on searching for 'cuckoo clock car'.

Status
Not open for further replies.