• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd behaviour TPE Ticket App - showing a ticket as 'Expired' when it wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miken

I'm reporting an unusual occurrence on the TPE App this morning & I'm wondering if any others have encountered similar/same?

I buy all of my many railway tickets through TPE and use the App to display the mostly barcoded tickets.

Every now and then a ticket is set to 'Print at Station' which, whilst less convenient, is not a problem until this morning.

I arrived at the station for my early train and on the display my first two tickets of the day were showing but the third (a print at station) had been inexplicably moved to the 'used and expired' section, greyed out on the screen. Despite the greying out I was able to see the code but the ticket machine then refused to print it.

Fortunately the ticket clerk at Wigan was kindly able to print the ticket for me and I was able to go on my way without buying another ticket.

I have written to TPE Customer Relations to provide feedback and await their reply. I have used this system for years without a problem and was able to get round it, but it was still quite stressful for a few minutes and I do wonder if less experienced customers would not have known to go to the ticket office to resolve it.

It's not the end of the world but it does undermine confidence in the system - hopefully a one-off and perhaps TPE Tech/App people might be interested in the glitch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-052720_TPExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-052720_TPExpress.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Every now and then a ticket is set to 'Print at Station' which, whilst less convenient, is not a problem until this morning.
The ticket in question included a cross-London leg and therefore is not valid to be issued as a barcode ticket.
the ticket machine then refused to print it.
That would appear to be a fault of some sort with the machine, and unrelated to the app problem. The machine is operated by Avanti.

_toommm_

Established Member
I use the TPE app for most of my bookings, and in my experience it marks a TOD ticket as ‘expired’ very early in the day, perhaps even at 00:01. It’s annoying, but it doesn’t affect the functionality of the collection code so I wouldn’t stress too too much about any problems it would cause.

Starmill

Veteran Member
This is a common error, it has been doing this for as long as I've used the app. Fortunately you can just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.