• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

off peak day return conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Experts please!

Could I have clarification from a ticketing expert about how you would deal with the following scenario which may face me this weekend.

Saturday night I'm going out.
I have bought an Off Peak DAY Return.

This text in off peak day return says:

NOTES:
Off-Peak Day Singles and
Returns, GroupSave Day
Returns: Valid for travel on
the date shown on the ticket
and until 0429 the following
day. If it is not possible to
complete the journey before
this time, travel is allowed
until 1200 the day after
travel - but no further break
of journey is allowed.

1 Is this the most up to date text?

2 I miss the last return train back home on Sat night.
Can I catch a train one stop, stay overnight at a friend's, catch a train from there to my destination on Sunday - the day after the expiry date on ticket - at say 9 or 10 am.

3. Is the distance I'm travelling relevant? It's about 20 miles

4. Does travel have to start by 12 noon on Sunday or finish by then?

5. Am likely to face any wrath from staff? (I'm not travelling FCC!)

Thanks in advance
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry to 'bump' this but would be great if someone could help in case I've misunderstood the conditions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bakerstreet

My understanding is that Day tickets expire at 0429 on the following day, but if it was a non-Day ticket, you would be able to do that (and it would expire at 0429 on the 3rd day!)

However if you purchase tickets with a particularly itinerary and/or set of T&Cs then I would expect that to be binding.

Thanks Yorkie

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I believe that the text allows passengers who begin (or recommence) their return journey during the night, at, say 0330, to continue their journey after 0429 provided there are no breaks of journey after that time.

I do not believe it can be used to break a journey and recommence at 0900 or 1000 the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.