• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Peak Day Returns on Snow Hill Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclops

Whilst obtaining a 'Great Escape' ticket last Friday at Shirley I saw a sign in the booking office window advising restrictions on the use of off peak returns through Snow Hill and Moor St (perhaps others) during peak evening hours.(It did give times but am unsure of exactly what they where. Now I do remember that there was a previous thread on this topic and my recollection was that LM were imposing this restriction ultra vires and that it had been removed. I have tried to search for the thread but can't find it. Any thoughts?

Another point. I do have a list of the restriction codes but how do I find out the restriction code that applies to a particular ticket I may wish to purchase?
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
It was removed from Off-Peak Returns, but still applies to Off-Peak Day Returns.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
.....Another point. I do have a list of the restriction codes but how do I find out the restriction code that applies to a particular ticket I may wish to purchase?
Thanks.

Although not immediately obvious, you can check using the NRES website. Put a likely journey into the journey planner and make sure the appropriate ticket is selected. In the 'Tickets' section (bottom right) click on the ticket type. This will take you to a generic conditions page. In one of bottom paragraphs is a link to the specific restriction code as well as another to the full list for that ticket type.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Alternatively, you can look the codes up at http://brfares.com. It's not an official source, but it tends to be pretty accurate, and is easier than National Rail Enquiries.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If it's the same as at Droitwich Spa, isn't the restriction that you can't leave Birmingham (Any), Jewellery Quarter and Five Ways between 1635 and 1800?

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
If it's the same as at Droitwich Spa, isn't the restriction that you can't leave Birmingham (Any), Jewellery Quarter and Five Ways between 1635 and 1800?

There are a lot of those around, yes. You can, of course, completely bypass the restriction by buying to another station and stopping short (make sure break of journey is permitted).

Status
Not open for further replies.