• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Peak or Anytime tickets for trains departing before but arriving after 0430?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyward

Hello everyone,

Got a 6am flight to catch at Manchester Airport this coming Friday, and looking to catch the 04:21 Northern service from Piccadilly, arriving at the airport at 04:36.

Read somewhere that tickets from previous day are valid until 04:30 the next day. I wondered if one could avoid the higher anytime fare on this train by purchasing an off peak day single on Thursday for use on this service? As the train arrives after the peak period begins (i.e. 04:36), is an anytime ticket required?

Thanks a lot!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I seem to recall that with Day tickets, all travel needs to be completed by 0429 the morning after the date on the ticket. The 0355 arriving 0420 would therefore be allowed with an off-peak day ticket from Thursday.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I seem to recall that with Day tickets, all travel needs to be completed by 0429 the morning after the date on the ticket. The 0355 arriving 0420 would therefore be allowed with an off-peak day ticket from Thursday.

That's correct...Full Ts&Cs can be found on this page over on NRE. Relevant extract follows:

ATOC said:
When and where the ticket can be used

Off-Peak Day and Super Off-Peak Day tickets may require you to travel at specific times of day, days of the week or on a specific route.

Website journey planners can tell you when your ticket can be used – simply enter your outward and return journey times to see the trains you can travel on.

Off-Peak Day and Super Off-Peak Day tickets are valid for travel on the date shown on your ticket and until 04:29 on the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.