• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off-Peak Ticket Validity from Cardiff to Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to travel from Cardiff Central to London Paddington on the 29th of December, travelling on the 0723 to Paddington and returning via Bristol Temple Meads- getting the 1633 to Bristol and then the 1824 from there to Cardiff. I noticed that all the online ticketing sites (including GWR) are giving me off peak tickets. I would have assumed these aren't valid on a weekday before 9am, are off peak tickets valid for this journey? I have a 16-25 railcard if it's relevant.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Ordinarily, you'd have a potential issue, however, believe that off peak ticket restrictions (M-F) don't apply on that flow between 24DEC2022 and 02JAN2023 (inclusive).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Restriction codes WV and YV, which apply to Cardiff to London Off Peak / Super Off Peak have no restrictions between 24/12/22 and 02/01/23 inclusive:

This restriction code applies ONLY on the following dates/days:​
From​
Until​
Applies on these days:​
Thurs 22 Dec 2022​
Fri 23 Dec 2022​
Mo Tu We Th Fr​
Tues 3 Jan 2023​
Thurs 6 Apr 2023​
Mo Tu We Th Fr​

Status
Not open for further replies.