• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off peak to peak priv upgrade

ssbob

If I get a return off peak priv ticket from NWP-HWV but my flight back in to Heathrow is delayed, can I upgrade this ticket to anytime on the return at the priv rate?

If so, how do I go about doing it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
If I get a return off peak priv ticket from NWP-HWV but my flight back in to Heathrow is delayed, can I upgrade this ticket to anytime on the return at the priv rate?

You’ll be better off getting a single there and a single back. If you upgrade, it will be both legs which is bad value if your outward journey is valid on an Off Peak ticket.

Haywain

Veteran Member

The excess would be for the full difference in the ticket price, not half the difference. Whatever HWV might be.

island

Veteran Member

An off-peak return ticket from Northampton to Heathrow Rail does not need to be upgraded to anytime in the event of a delayed flight, as it does not have an evening peak restriction. So your question doesn’t arise.

LA50041

Established Member
An off-peak return ticket from Northampton to Heathrow Rail does not need to be upgraded to anytime in the event of a delayed flight, as it does not have an evening peak restriction. So your question doesn’t arise.
The OP is travelling from Newport not Northampton

RJ

Established Member

Indeed and GWR’s singles are priced a few pounds over half of a return which is why I suggested buying a single each way over upgrading both legs to Anytime Return. I travel over that line frequently and buy Priv singles partly for that reason.

island

Veteran Member
Would help if I read the codes properly :oops:

To then answer the question, there is no booking office at Heathrow capable of issuing excesses. But an excess can be obtained onboard the GWR service, or at a booking office at a changing point.