• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Office Shut No Money on Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
No-one. See post #26 for details.

Now you've lost me. In post number 26 you say that at a staffed station you should ask somebody what to do, but then you're saying both stations are unstaffed so presumably that advice is irrelevant? If so, I'm unsure why you're directing me to that post.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Now you've lost me. In post number 26 you say that at a staffed station you should ask somebody what to do, but then you're saying both stations are unstaffed so presumably that advice is irrelevant? If so, I'm unsure why you're directing me to that post.
I don't know how you could think this. At a guess, I'll say that you've only actually read the bit of post 26 which I wrote myself. I can see how that can lead to confusion.

The advice I gave wasn't relevant to the scenario Stonesourscotty described in his original post. It was highly relevant to the hypothetical scenario Neil Williams painted in one of his posts, and (more importantly) which I quoted in post 26.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I don't know how you could think this. At a guess, I'll say that you've only actually read the bit of post 26 which I wrote myself. I can see how that can lead to confusion.

The advice I gave wasn't relevant to the scenario Stonesourscotty described in his original post. It was highly relevant to the hypothetical scenario Neil Williams painted in one of his posts, and (more importantly) which I quoted in post 26.

That'd be because when I queried how your suggestion applied to the OP's position when Poulton le Fylde was shut you didn't reply that it didn't apply but suggested I read post 26, so I assumed you thought it was relevant (especially as you commented on the situation at Poulton le Fylde in post 26..

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I suppose if there was an RPI at Bradford (or if you really wanted to pay for your journey) they would expect you to buy a Bradford - Halifax ticket so the same fare is paid even though the ticket would be the wrong way around.
ATOC confirmed this is not correct, and I believe guidance was even issued (through his TOC) to a member of gateline staff who had posted advice on this forum to buy a 'reverse' ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone ever been honest enough to request an invoice?
Not that I am aware of.

kieron

Established Member
That'd be because when I queried how your suggestion applied to the OP's position when Poulton le Fylde was shut you didn't reply that it didn't apply but suggested I read post 26, so I assumed you thought it was relevant (especially as you commented on the situation at Poulton le Fylde in post 26..
Glad we go that sorted out in the end.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd be interested to know how that went, can you recall the thread?

I know someone tweeted them and were ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.