• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oh Yeahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
Anyone have a link to this Vid? I'm sure a few forum members know what I'm talking about.... ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
The one with the Slim Jim is funny :lol: ,

The reason He was laughing after the 33 was sounding the horn at Acton, is that he kept waving at the driver so the driver could sound the horn and he probably laughed as he claims the Horn Handle might have been stuck

rmt

The one with the Slim Jim is funny :lol: ,

The reason He was laughing after the 33 was sounding the horn at Acton, is that he kept waving at the driver so the driver could sound the horn and he probably laughed as he claims the Horn Handle might have been stuck

Of course it was...

Kris

You joke. The first pictures I took were of that quality - class 20's and a Cravens Parcel van on the WCML.

(Mind you - it was a cheap camera that I got with Bazooka Joe (ask your dad) bubble gum vouchers).

Coxster

Established Member
The one with the Slim Jim is funny :lol:
'Slim Jim' is the term used to refer to 12 locomotives, from the final batch ordered by BR, which had slimmer bodies for use on the Hasings line. As Jamie mentioned, the one in the video is a "/1" rather than a "/2" and is one of the 19 that were modified for push-pull operations with Southern units. The rest of the fleet remained as standard locomotives and were given the TOPS designation of "33/0".

/0 = Standard Class 33 locomotives.
/1 = Modified 19 for push-pull operation.
/2 = Reduced width for Hastings services.

Status
Not open for further replies.