• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old Railway Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
is there anyone who could direct me to a site that has old railway maps (circa 1900 of around Manchester (Piccadilly area) and also the South Coast Line, I find them fascinating but had no luck on searches, cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

is there anyone who could direct me to a site that has old railway maps (circa 1900 of around Manchester (Piccadilly area) and also the South Coast Line, I find them fascinating but had no luck on searches, cheers

I've got a Railway Clearing House map for Manchester, which was the personal copy of George Hughes, the CME of the Lancs & Yorks Railway.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
I know that you put this link up for the OP, but I found it very interesting and have added this to my datafiles. Some long lost routes are shown on this map and I like the way you can go from section to section.

Thats one of the reasons why I like old maps, can be a fascinating insight the past :D

Status
Not open for further replies.