• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oldfield Park to Liverpool Stations - via London validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk688

Looking to travel to Bootle this weekend from Oldfield Park using an any permitted off peak return

Would an any permitted route be permissible via London, if I wanted to meet a friend travelling from London and travel with them using Avanti, or would I encounter difficulty using this ticket from the Avanti ticket checkers at Euston

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Oldfield Park to Bootle Stations has no tickets that are routed via London.

However, Freshford to Bootle Stations does have a "via London" Off-Peak Return for £136.70. I think this is valid via Bath (as well as Westbury), but have yet to check. If it is then you would also need a ticket from Oldfield Park to Bath, from where you could use your Freshford to Bootle Off-Peak Return to travel via London. This would undoubtedly be fine on Avanti.

There may be some splits, I haven't looked.

Veteran Member
I can't get a journey planner to show that route with that ticket. It doesn't have the cross-London validity needed. :(

Class800

Established Member
Freshford to Bootle stations does have cross London Market. This covers all but Oldfield Park to Bath. Do be careful not to select Bootle (Cumbria) by mistake

sk688

will opt for a Freshford ticket in that case thanks. Will the Freshford ticket work the barriers at Bath Spa if I started my journey from there ?

alistairlees

Established Member
will opt for a Freshford ticket in that case thanks. Will the Freshford ticket work the barriers at Bath Spa if I started my journey from there ?
I don't know but it shouldn't matter. Your ticket is valid via Bath Spa.

Status
Not open for further replies.