• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

On the Buses - Where is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t0ffeeman

My immediate thought is a Central line bridge between Northolt and South Ruislip but it could be anywhere really...

AndyPJG

I'm fairly certain it's the access road to Hillingdon Showground just east of Uxbridge, the railway being the LU line about 1/2 mile from the Uxbridge terminus.

Edit: Google street view link

As it's the (private) access road into the showground, it would be ideal for filming. Also not that far from Elstree Studios where the series (and film) were made.

Last edited:

rmt4ever

Wow thanks. Shame it didn't have all those yellow markings back then, Stan might not have crashed his bus then :p poor ole Blakey

Also it seems there is an extra two inches room now a days too lol

What rolling stock was it ?

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Here's the best I could manage as a screen shot:
attachment.php

Now you mention, it could well be the inward opening window of A stock, which would be more likely on the Uxbridge branch, as you rightly say.

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.