• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Onboard csr virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogirl

Hi everybody,

I have been offered a job as an onboard csr for VT an am due to start in 2 weeks. I have to pass a medical which is fine for everything except i`m slightly worried about my hearing. I used to work in nightclubs so sometimes have tinnitus it does not affect me at all and i`ve never seen a doc about it but whilst i`m certainly not deaf I wouldn`t say my hearing was that great either.

I can hear converstion perfectly well but at certain frequencies I will not hear very very quiet tones (the type in an audiogram!!!) I was wondering whether I will need a full PTS medial for my job or if the hearing minimum levels are the same.

I would really appreciate some feedback. Great forum by the way!

Thanks and happy weekend.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Nope. Was a deaf chef at GNER and a deaf trolley dolley at Arriva Transpennine.

Tubeboy

I work on the London Underground, I get tinnitus, and havent got great hearing, but its never been a problem. I can hear people above a bit of noise as well as the radio.

Daz1303

Hi

I used to be SDM for Virgin, in terms of the CSR role it's a none safety critical role so you won't have the full PTS training course, the only thing I would say is it is a standard medical, so they test against the same standards as a driver/guard etc but the results are judged in the same sense. I am sure your hearing will be fine but I would declare it at the time of your medical. Hope you enjoy the job, you have 4 weeks worth of training at crew coming up :)

Ridgewaywest

Hi

I used to be SDM for Virgin, in terms of the CSR role it's a none safety critical role so you won't have the full PTS training course, the only thing I would say is it is a standard medical, so they test against the same standards as a driver/guard etc but the results are judged in the same sense. I am sure your hearing will be fine but I would declare it at the time of your medical. Hope you enjoy the job, you have 4 weeks worth of training at crew coming up :)

As a current Virgin CSA I would say this is good advice and spot on in every detail. Good luck with the training at Crewe. Enjoy the fun atmosphere and just be yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.