• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'one' 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Can anyone confirm if 47818 is currently at Laira depot. Was on way home from work, & saw a 'ONE' liveried 47 sitting outside the main shed, & as far as I can see, 47818 is the only ONE (no pun intended), in the 'ONE' livery.

Mart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
It worked an Ilford - Laira on Friday. It is due an exam at Gloucester.

Woody

Saw it today from a passing HST just behind the "Laira traction and rolling stock depot" board close to the main line.

I beleive it is owned by Cotswold Rail, as is most of the One Anglia locomotive fleet.

One thing I don't understand is why it is being kept or maintained at Laira. I think it must be an agreement strictly between CR and First Great Western, because as far as I'm concerned, First want nothing to do with One.

On this note, apparently now all Class 86 electric locomotives, yes, those old tatty things, that were previously ever so frequent on the London-Norwich route with Anglia before One began operations, have been retired by One Anglia. Does anybody have any information about this, weather a couple are being kept for emergencies, or where they went. I beleive two or three went to Freightliner for driver training, or so I heard.

Thanks.

westcoaster

Established Member
the 86's were all retired a few years back most if not all are at long marston, cr provide the 47 as a t-bird and iirc they painted it as part of the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.