• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

One in four 'feel unsafe on Tube'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
But saying that does anyone know what the actual quality of the line is in russia. They may have nice stations but what is the service like?

According to a relative on mine who visited Moscow a few years back, the service is very efficient.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

dvn1357 said:
...the chances that terrorists will target the same system is very unlikely.

*pedantic*

Although, of course, they did just that on 21/7.

ive not been on the tube in london for ages last night i did i felt like some was pushing me as i got on the tube it was a most unpleasent feeling <(

evil_hippo

I do not recall a single member of staff outside of a train cab on the budapest metro .With it's abscence of barriers the Budapest metro is the "free" system the newcastle metro used to be (installation of barriers would be impossible without manning them at all times as the OAPs go free without needing to buy any sort of ticket). You could get up to what you like down there. My father does recall plain clothed ticket inspectors invading a few trains he travelled on in the blissful years before I came along, though.

One the other hand, the system's appearance is not neglected at all. Several stations including the important interchange at Blaha Luja tér (where we would change off the number 7 bus from Bosnyák Tér, where my grandma lives) have been extensively refurbished and in the recent modernisation the stations on the first electric underground railway in the world were restored to their original apperance, as in these shamefully stolen images:

018_metro_budapest.jpg

017_metro_budapest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.