• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Online Practice Material For OPC Situational Judgement & Visual Search Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRS66421

Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone knows of and can recommend any online practice material for the OPC Situational Judgement test and the OPC Visual Search Exercise test, preferably ones that give solutions at the end of each practice session?

Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deepblue82

I downloaded the VSE tool from here - https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/dynamic-visual-search-test/

I did find it useful when completing the test for real but found the real test (Freightliner via OPC) harder than the one above so dont get complacent. I was scoring over 95% on test three on the downloaded one and 100% on test one and two, I made errors on all three on the real test, and quite a lot on test 3 I think. Specifically on the line test the link above is more simple - you just have to pick up if a train misses a stop on the real life test I did there were a greater range of errors including trains changing colour, and two trains on the track at the same time. I only did the test today but I would put money on me having failed.

Re the SJ test I could not find many examples with solutions and I would say each question was very different I am not sure how practice tests would have helped (particularly where no solutions were given). With this one I found some of the questions very very subtle and again do not feel confident I would have passed. Only advice I could give on this one is to just answer honestly on feel and hope that your personality and judgement is what they are looking for.

Last edited:

DRS66421

I downloaded the VSE tool from here - https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/dynamic-visual-search-test/

I did find it useful when completing the test for real but found the real test (Freightliner via OPC) harder than the one above so dont get complacent. I was scoring over 95% on test three on the downloaded one and 100% on test one and two, I made errors on all three on the real test, and quite a lot on test 3 I think. Specifically on the line test the link above is more simple - you just have to pick up if a train misses a stop on the real life test I did there were a greater range of errors including trains changing colour, and two trains on the track at the same time. I only did the test today but I would put money on me having failed.

Re the SJ test I could not find many examples with solutions and I would say each question was very different I am not sure how practice tests would have helped (particularly where no solutions were given). With this one I found some of the questions very very subtle and again do not feel confident I would have passed. Only advice I could give on this one is to just answer honestly on feel and hope that your personality and judgement is what they are looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to write. I hope that you have passed the tests. I will need to just keep trying and see what happens.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.