• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Online training

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyrocket

Morning all,
Apologies if already discussed or this is the wrong place but has anybody subscribed to UK Training Solutions Driver rules course?

I’m a trainee driver at home because of Covid 19 etc and looking for ways to stay on top of rules/traction. I thought it might be a good addition to reading the rule books but at £9.99 fee I didn’t want to waste the money if it wasn’t any good... or can anyone recommend any other resources that they use?
Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-god

On Moderation
You should have been given a copy of the rulebook. Either hard or digital copy. If not it's best not to read ahead.

But if you don't pay for it.

Stigy

Established Member
Morning all,
Apologies if already discussed or this is the wrong place but has anybody subscribed to UK Training Solutions Driver rules course?

I’m a trainee driver at home because of Covid 19 etc and looking for ways to stay on top of rules/traction. I thought it might be a good addition to reading the rule books but at £9.99 fee I didn’t want to waste the money if it wasn’t any good... or can anyone recommend any other resources that they use?
Many thanks
What do you want to do specifically? As has been said, you should already have a rulebook. Does your TOC not do some Zoom classes or Microsoft Teams etc?

ComUtoR

Established Member
I created an account and enrolled on a course but it hasn't asked for any money.

jonnyrocket

Thanks all for the replies. I have rule books and we are doing some zoom discussions but just wanted to add another dimension to testing myself.

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks all for the replies. I have rule books and we are doing some zoom discussions but just wanted to add another dimension to testing myself.
Could always use Slido to create quizzes amongst your group and test each other that way too?

Pilotman

Hi Jonny

When i was in training as a trainee driver the trainer used parts of UK Training Solutions to help with training, the good thing is that all of it is free apart from 1 module. The rules refresher is the only chargeable part which when i came up to my final assessment it did me proud and not too mention it wasn't far off the real assessment. The other benefit is that it gives you automatic feedback with audio in places and explains the rules whereby the rule book states the rule but doesn't tell you why, even though common sense prevails.

Even if you study the free modules and feel confident with the final assessment then maybe don't pay 9.99 for the final refresher but it did me proud.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.