• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ontrak Train Dispatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

olilee2

Hi there, I've just applied for a job as a train dispatcher at Sutton through an agency called Ontrack. Has anyone else dealt with them before and have any advice on interviews or how best to get to that stage. Also any views on GTR's train dispatch training and procedures?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivor

Originally Balham & now The West Sussex Coastway
Hi there, I've just applied for a job as a train dispatcher at Sutton through an agency called Ontrack. Has anyone else dealt with them before and have any advice on interviews or how best to get to that stage. Also any views on GTR's train dispatch training and procedures?
Late response I know (just found thread) my experience of working for Ontrak is very mixed.

I have worked for them for nearly two years (CSA & Gateline) & if you need regular income then it’s not great, I can get 4-5 shifts some weeks, I had 2 last week & have nothing at all for next week.

I even had 2 periods of 5 weeks & 4 weeks respectively of no shifts. I mainly get CSA shifts as Gateline gone to nothing as Southern have recruited so many new staff lately (re trying to get a Southern job, another thread of mine)

If you search Ontrak here you will see a thread from me last year.

Anyway assume you applied in November you are probably under way?

Status
Not open for further replies.