OO Scale Skew Bridge

Discussion in 'Modelling, Simulations & Games' started by Buffer68, 7 Nov 2019 at 08:08.

1. Buffer68

Buffer68 Member

Hi all,

After some help please. I am planning a new OO scale model layout and one of the key elements includes a red brick two track skew bridge with a road across the top. I have searched through a number of websites for companies that produce or supply bridges and other accessories and so far drawn a blank. I would rather it was a card kit to keep cost down. Many thanks.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. John Webb

John Webb Established Member

All the card kits of bridges I've seen have been at right-angles to the track, not skew. If you had only been using one track, a two-track right-angle bridge might have given you sufficient room through the centre of the arches to allow you to skew it. But I've not seen a single arch right-angle bridge spanning 4 tracks which might have done for your two lines.

You might try www.freestonemodel.co.uk who I've seen at a number of exhibitions; they carry a wide range of card kits from a number of manufacturers and seem a helpful bunch - they may be able to help you.