• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open rail data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex nick

Hi Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I could not find a specific thread on this subject
I’ve been running my own web site for a while now, the purpose of which is to collect performance data across southern, Thameslink & Gatwick Express.

I have found a very small number of anomiles which out of curiosity would like to know what they mean, these anomalies are where they appear on my FTP feed I take from Railtrack, but I can’t see that these trains actually ran.

One example is
<Journey rid="201902047908115" uid="O08115" trainId="1L74" ssd="2019-02-04" toc="SN" status="1" trainCat="XX">

The oddity is the train ID starts with an ‘O’ and there is as status ‘1’ which I doesn’t apply usually

This appears to be a one off train and I was wondering if the O signifies operator only, I can only see about 1 a week so I’m not to bothered I’m just wondering if anyone else knows what this means

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom

This is Darwin, so you are taking the feed from National Rail Enquiries/RDG. The O signifies the train as having been arranged under VSTP arrangements (Darwin's version of VSTP arrangements, at least). Status reflects the status as per the CIF file, 1 is an STP passenger/parcels service.

Network Rail has their own version of VSTP arrangements for TRUST/TOPS, and the two don't talk to each other. Schedules have to be input into both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.