• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Opening new ticket offices at unstaffed stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Arriva Trains Wales undertook a programme to equip many stations, especially in the Cardiff Valleys area, with TVMs from mid-2013. A quick look at my lists shows more than 60 have been installed, in two tranches: circa May 2013 to September 2013, and from March 2014 to date. They're card-only Shere FASTticket machines. (Oops - that was meant to be a multi-quote reply @Quakers Yard and @swcovas - must have clicked the wrong thing!)

This programme of ticket-machine instalation has appeared to go very well. Northern have been doing something similar; but they are using Parkeon card-only ticket machines - which are absolute ****e! :p Exucse my french!

I'd point out that for some inexplicable reason they have missed Mirfield. It has a shade under 400,000 passengers a year and no TVM nor ticket office. I suspect it's related to the awkward layout and lack of places to put a machine. Some stations have gained a crappy TVM with much less than half that passenger count (example: Mytholmroyd).

This recent thread may also be of interest to commentators here who've not yet seen it :D

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.