• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

operative (works delivery signalling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~lee~

Evening all, this is my first post so be gentle ;)

I have just completed my online tests so fingers crossed!

I had a look at the numerical and verbal tests which look really hard. I have not been asked to complete these yet, are they likely to come or are they reserved for the more senior roles?

Has anyone been through this process themselves? What can I expect next?

I am already nervous about having to do more online exams and i don't even know if I have managed to pass the first ones yet:lol:

Any help, advice or reassurance would be greatly received

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sig01

Hi there,
I think it's just the basic psychometric stuff so hopefully you'll be alright.
Works delivery signalling will be renewals work so you'll always be busy. Good luck!

~lee~

Thanks for the heads up.

Fingers crossed I did ok. Just got the long wait now!!

~lee~

Yes it is a pass, congratulations. Although it doesn't gaurentee you a place in the next stage, done on scores. You need to be in the top % to get through to next round

Awesome, well, fingers crossed I did well but I am pleased to have got through the test. It is really difficult to tell how you have done as there are no right or wrong answers.

~lee~

I am now sat in Application under consideration for assessment 2 and have been since 28th October. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how long it will take to find out if I have been successful and put through to interview.

The first part of the process was really quick but this has been nearly 3 weeks with no change.

Hull D

I am now sat in Application under consideration for assessment 2 and have been since 28th October. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how long it will take to find out if I have been successful and put through to interview.

The first part of the process was really quick but this has been nearly 3 weeks with no change.

I am in a similar position with my Signaller application. From trawling through the site over the last couple of weeks, there doesn't seem to be anything set in stone. Some people whizz through, and others take months........... Just a case of being patient I guess. Good luck!

~lee~

I am in a similar position with my Signaller application. From trawling through the site over the last couple of weeks, there doesn't seem to be anything set in stone. Some people whizz through, and others take months........... Just a case of being patient I guess. Good luck!

Thanks, Glad I`m not the only one. I guess it seems worse when its something you really want! If it was a job I wasn`t that bothered about, I wouldn`t be checking my application online 5 times a day :lol:

~lee~

So frustratingly, after a 6 week wait, I have been told my application was unsuccessful! ! The whole process seems a bit backwards to me? Why not paper sift first and test afterwards. Does anyone know what they are like for feedback on why you have been unsuccessful? I really want to do this job but if I am to re apply if anything comes up, I need to ensure I know where I went wrong! Gutted is an understatement!

JohnFM

So frustratingly, after a 6 week wait, I have been told my application was unsuccessful! ! The whole process seems a bit backwards to me? Why not paper sift first and test afterwards. Does anyone know what they are like for feedback on why you have been unsuccessful? I really want to do this job but if I am to re apply if anything comes up, I need to ensure I know where I went wrong! Gutted is an understatement!

The wait is so long because they sometimes have tens of thousands of applicants for one single post! The initial test is the first sift, there are many more sifts to come.

Not backwards at all but rather the system allows the TOC to choose the best.

Don't get yourself down. Go live, have fun, work, play and wait for the next opportunity.

~lee~

So finally after 4 attempts managed to get myself an interview :D

I now just have the agonising wait to find out if I've been successful, in the meantime, I understand different regions and different teams will have different shift pattern but I was wondering if someone could give me a rough idea of the shift patterns I could be working!

Thanks

Last edited:

~lee~

My status changed last night to assessment 2 completed! Does anyone know this means someone logged in to the system to change the status or would it have been automatic? It changed at 23:44 but I didn't think they would be working that late?

Hopefully this may mean I get an answer tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.