• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Optare Solo Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonSmart

Can someone tell me which order the light clusters are in this Optare Solo? Ie which is the headlight, sidelight, daytime running lights, etc?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mainframe444

This bus does not have daytime running lights, I think they came in with the Solo SR.

The four headlights all have sidelights in them, coming on when the sidelights are turned on.

The outer pair work on dipped beam, and main beam when selected.

The inner pair are just used on main beam.

Hope this helps.

M

JasonSmart

This bus does not have daytime running lights, I think they came in with the Solo SR.

The four headlights all have sidelights in them, coming on when the sidelights are turned on.

The outer pair work on dipped beam, and main beam when selected.

The inner pair are just used on main beam.

Hope this helps.

M
Thanks for your reply.

I realise this may be difficult to describe in a forum without visuals. How could I tell by looking at one of these if the sidelights only were illuminated rather than the headlights?

Citistar

There should be two bulbs in each of the outer pair of lamps - a H7 headlight bulb (fixed with clips) and a much smaller sidelight bulb (5 watt if memory serves me correctly) which fit in with a twist lock at around 5 o'clock on each unit. These smaller bulbs should be the ones illuminated with just sidelights on and this will be visible from the front of the lamp unit. The sidelights will be barely visible in bright sunlight.

In our four examples (54/06/10 plate), none have sidelight bulbs in the inner pair of lamps - those are just headlight bulbs for full beam.

JasonSmart

Thanks, so with just headlight on only a small area at the 5.00 level will appear lit, whereas the headlight will likely illuminate the whole lamp? Also, only the sidelight in the outer lamps will come on?

Status
Not open for further replies.