• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Other lines that could be "Overground-ised"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
What about if trains from Finsbury Park came down through the Canonbury Curve and then through to Stratford, and some or all trains from Camden Road go through to the ELL? Then there would be no conflicts, no?

Changes could be made at Highbury & Islington.
This is assuming no freight at all running on the NLL presumably. Which is probably exactly why it wouldn’t work...

BritishGuy54

I was thinking of getting the West Ealing - Greenford line (currently operated by GWR) absorbed into the Overground network.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I was thinking of getting the West Ealing - Greenford line (currently operated by GWR) absorbed into the Overground network.
What specific improvements are you thinking that would generate? Just interested as no one has yet been able to come up with anything beyond it appearing on the tube map.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
A lot of people suggest this and I always wonder what could possibly be so significant about the line as to spark so much interest. It’s hardly going to benefit hugely from an enhanced turn-up-and-go frequency, new trains and increased capacity like other Overground lines, is it? It’s one of, if not the least used lines in London.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
What specific improvements are you thinking that would generate? Just interested as no one has yet been able to come up with anything beyond it appearing on the tube map.

The Greenford line should come into its own for HS2 spoil trains as a useful route - enhancing the passenger service for very little usage would impact on the routes ability to serve that potential. Growth on the railway isn’t just about passenger growth...

Status
Not open for further replies.