• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Out-boundary Travelcards the "wrong way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0b

Established Member
Can you use an "out-boundary" travelcard the "wrong way" around?

eg. using a Gatwick Airport to Zone 1-6 day travelcard:

can I use that to accompany somone to GTW from NWD (in zone 4), and then return from GTW and use the Z1-6 part for the rest of the day, or must I use the GTW to Z1-6 journey before the Z1-6 to GTW journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You have to use them inbound first; they are a Travelcard with a return to the zone boundary included.

b0b

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I've been sold such a ticket in the past. I guess I'm supposed to get is a Z1-6 and a BZ6 to GTW then?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm pretty sure I've been sold such a ticket in the past. I guess I'm supposed to get is a Z1-6 and a BZ6 to GTW then?

Yes, that's right. But check the prices first because a normal day return from East Croydon may be cheaper, particularly if you limit yourselves to FCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.