• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Over 66 pass applied for - query about validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDB

Sheffield Supertram is unusual in offering free travel to such passholders in the usual permitted hours. Most tram networks only allow their own residents the concession.
Nottingham tram only allows free travel for residents but gives other area pass holders a discount.

As far as I can gather (and this may be of no relevance to the OP's intentions - but to explore further some of the edge-cases mentioned by others) it's
a) determined to some extent by the administering local authority (i.e. they may interpret their obligations differently) and
b) determined by where you BOARD (but not alight) the bus.

Thus there have been reported and/or confirmed cases where
- (eg Red Arrow Nottingham <> Derby) one local authority deems this an express and thereby outwith the scheme, and the other does not. If you board within the Nottingham area you pay. If you board within the Derby area, you don't.
- (eg York Park & Ride) An otherwise normal stage carriage service exists to serve a P&R site. If you board at the P&R site, you pay. If you board elsewhere en route (even a nearby roadside stop) you don't. And when you board for your return trip, you don't pay.
I think Derby followed Nottinghams lead and now also excluds the red arrow which is also excluded from the £2 scheme. There are two other slower routes that are eligible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Willie Bee

In which case just walk on holding the card up for the driver to see.

That's great news .. My 'free bus pass' arrived today and I have a holiday in London coming up shortly.

I know the daily cap on the London buses is quite low, only £5.25 which is pretty good .. BUT FREE IS BETTER !!

My West Midlands area Seniors pass allows me travel on the local Metro trams, and on Railway services within the county boundary. I'd have to pay the train fare from the boundary to wherever if I travelled outside the area (at the station where I board).

6Gman

Established Member
This unfortunately also varies across England and in the case of Chester to Mold or Wrexham only applies to “local” Chester West and Cheshire, Halton and Warrington ENCTS passes. Passes from elsewhere in England are only valid for free travel within Cheshire on cross-border services.
I didn't realise that was the case. Why would it apply to Halton and Warrington when they don't adjoin Wales?

Status
Not open for further replies.