• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bart

Hi, did anyone receive a reply back for the new cross gate depo? After sending over the information on how far you are from the depo?
Also if you done SJE test for another TOC do they take that into consideration or is it different for every TOC?

Last edited:

luvash

Hi, did anyone receive a reply back for the new cross gate depo? After sending over the information on how far you are from the depo?
Also if you done SJE test for another TOC do they take that into consideration or is it different for every TOC?
I've done all assessments with another TOC last year, still required to do the same ones with this one. They actually clarified this on the last email I received (perhaps it's a question asked frequently).

Chug Chug 87

What job
I've done all assessments with another TOC last year, still required to do the same ones with this one. They actually clarified this on the last email I received (perhaps it's a question asked frequently).
Did you pass all of these assessments to an enhanced level? They would not make you do all the assessments again if you have already passed them to there standard?

I’ve Passed all my assessments + MMI interview but what I don’t know is are they waiting for everyone to catch up to my stage before they contact me or have I not be shortlisted at all. Is there anyway I can find this out?

ChappyT

I passed all the stage one assessments at enchanced several years ago... I assumed they would use my live scores. I was unable to attend assessment day 2 that year.

HLK97

I passed all the stage one assessments at enchanced several years ago... I assumed they would use my live scores. I was unable to attend assessment day 2 that year.
Can I ask how you know you passed at the enhanced level? I passed Stage 1 last year before Covid, but wasn't told at what level...

luvash

What job

Did you pass all of these assessments to an enhanced level? They would not make you do all the assessments again if you have already passed them to there standard?

I’ve Passed all my assessments + MMI interview but what I don’t know is are they waiting for everyone to catch up to my stage before they contact me or have I not be shortlisted at all. Is there anyway I can find this out?
Yes, I passed all at enhanced level last year(MMI & DMI included). I had to ask the question whether or not these tests apply to me and the answer was yes I need to do them again

Chug Chug 87

Assessments only last for 5 years and some tocs only 3 years, this is why they have made you resit them. I hope you passed them again though, good luck.

Yes, I passed all at enhanced level last year(MMI & DMI included). I had to ask the question whether or not these tests apply to me and the answer was yes I need to do them again
Wow ok, I guess that answers my question. Thanks very much.

Kelki

Got date for final interview date today for end of the month. Finally... I completed all other assessments last year

luvash

Can I ask how you know you passed at the enhanced level? I passed Stage 1 last year before Covid, but wasn't told at what level...
The OPC let me know to what level I had passed. You can always contact them to find out.
Assessments only last for 5 years and some tocs only 3 years, this is why they have made you resit them. I hope you passed them again though, good luck.

Wow ok, I guess that answers my question. Thanks very much.
I know. I was a bit baffled, because I thought my results are good until 2025...seems weird but I didnt want to start going back and forth with them (probably wouldnt look too good lol)

Kelki

Its designed to make you multi task, whilst prioritising a primary task. The whole point is to fluster you. Remain calm, recover if it goes a bit wrong and most of all focus on that primary task don't get too distracted by the secondary task.
This is it, focus on primary. Shows you can prioritise and remain calm under pressure.

Hi Kelki, I am in the same boat as you. I’m yet to hear anything, hopefully soon!
I got interview date today scheduled for the end of month.

Received email scheduling final interview today for end of the month. Finally... I completed all other assessments last year though. Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited:

Star S W 9

Just recieved my email.
Unfortunately it's the end of the road on this attempt.
All the best to the rest of you awaiting results.

Clave

Didn't get past the VSE but onward n upwards. Good luck to you everybody in their journey

ChappyT

Sorry to the people who received the not successful email

Last edited:

Leyland1195

Unfortunately I have not passed but best of luck to everybody who does and let us know how the journey goes

sp98

Has anyone's portal on the deutschebahn website been updated to show anything other than 'application in progress' (e.g., 'application unsuccessful' perhaps)? Wondering if I might be able to see if I've not passed the VSE before they get around to sending me an email.

20atthemagnet

Has anyone's portal on the deutschebahn website been updated to show anything other than 'application in progress' (e.g., 'application unsuccessful' perhaps)? Wondering if I might be able to see if I've not passed the VSE before they get around to sending me an email.

No. Anything related to your application will be dealt with personally through email only. The recruitment is moving at several different stages at the same time. Some people have already passed or failed VSE with the email confirmation, some people are still awaiting the results, and a large portion of New Cross applicants haven’t even been fully sifted yet and received the invite to take the VSE. Be patient. They will get round to everybody in due course.

Jaytrains

What job

Exactly what I’m thinking

Kelki

Exactly what I’m thinking
I think they have multiple stages of correspondence going on at the same time. I completed all my assessments last March and have been waiting for my final interview. I thought they were waiting for everyone to catch up before contacting me too but they sent an email scheduling yesterday. So they will probably be in-touch shortly.

Jaytrains

I think they have multiple stages of correspondence going on at the same time. I completed all my assessments last March and have been waiting for my final interview. I thought they were waiting for everyone to catch up before contacting me too but they sent an email scheduling yesterday. So they will probably be in-touch shortly.

Thanks kelki i guess there’s still hope

Rylievie

Once it all gets going Arriva move pretty quickly. I went from being contacted after assements to enquire about depots, to DMI, medical and start training within a month. Others in my group have simular experiences of 6-8weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.