• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

20hak20

Is anyone still waiting for a response after responding to the additional information email? I'm still waiting to hear back from them after I replied back to that email on the 11th March and not heard anything since. Assuming it's a no or are they still sifting? I put myself forward for the Willesden Depot..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Leyland1195

So I failed the VSE but wondering what would have been next? and how close would have I been to start the training?

wils180

So I failed the VSE but wondering what would have been next? and how close would have I been to start the training?

You can see in the attached screenshots it’s a 4 stage process, with stage 1 and 2 being assessments. The VSE is just one assessment from Stage 2. So unless you have passed the rest before there is still a lot of hoops to jump through after the VSE. Sorry to hear you failed, it was tough! I’m still waiting to hear.

How do I get onto this portal to check. Can you post a link?
It’s just the DB website you applied on. This should work https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/en_US/jobsGlobal/Login?3_388_3=124275&3_371_3=977502

Then when you go to your profile, it will have your applications and status of them at the bottom. But as has already been said I think email correspondence from them will be more up to date than this portal. So if you haven’t heard anything then I don’t think the portal will give much away. Best of luck if you’re waiting for results!

Attachments

• CE92A5D6-C1FF-4A27-A07C-025B15C0B443.png
    CE92A5D6-C1FF-4A27-A07C-025B15C0B443.png
    694.1 KB · Views: 89
  • B9732D63-2C68-457D-B857-AF9000764222.png
    B9732D63-2C68-457D-B857-AF9000764222.png
    679.1 KB · Views: 78

Lenny_U

How do I get onto this portal to check. Can you post a link?
Nothing has changed on portal, my one still says application in process

Is anyone still waiting for a response after responding to the additional information email? I'm still waiting to hear back from them after I replied back to that email on the 11th March and not heard anything since. Assuming it's a no or are they still sifting? I put myself forward for the Willesden Depot..
I'm still waiting too, but presuming it's a no

20hak20

Nothing has changed on portal, my one still says application in process

I'm still waiting too, but presuming it's a no
Yeah that's my guess too. Seems like most people have gotten invites to complete assessments etc so can only presume it's a no..

Chug Chug 87

You can see in the attached screenshots it’s a 4 stage process, with stage 1 and 2 being assessments. The VSE is just one assessment from Stage 2. So unless you have passed the rest before there is still a lot of hoops to jump through after the VSE. Sorry to hear you failed, it was tough! I’m still waiting to hear.

It’s just the DB website you applied on. This should work https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/en_US/jobsGlobal/Login?3_388_3=124275&3_371_3=977502

Then when you go to your profile, it will have your applications and status of them at the bottom. But as has already been said I think email correspondence from them will be more up to date than this portal. So if you haven’t heard anything then I don’t think the portal will give much away. Best of luck if you’re waiting for results!
Yeah that's my guess too. Seems like most people have gotten invites to complete assessments etc so can only presume it's a no..
What depot did you apply for?

Don’t give up hope! They usually sift in stages so it’s not a no, until you’re told it is. You may just be in the 2nd/3rd batch. Lots of people are likely to not pass the VSE as it’s notoriously difficult, so hold on, I’m sure your invitation is coming

Thanks for the hopeful message! How long are waits usually between sifts?
I reckon for Arriva it’ll be a few weeks as they’re known for moving quickly, but I don’t know for sure. However it can be longer! Not Arriva, but as an example - I applied in December for GTR and heard nothing, until yesterday when I was invited to the next stage. Lots of people on these forums had already been invited to assessments and some had even received a rejection email, so you just don’t know. It’s not over until it’s over!

ChappyT

I reckon for Arriva it’ll be a few weeks as they’re known for moving quickly, but I don’t know for sure. However it can be longer! Not Arriva, but as an example - I applied in December for GTR and heard nothing, until yesterday when I was invited to the next stage. Lots of people on these forums had already been invited to assessments and some had even received a rejection email, so you just don’t know. It’s not over until it’s over!
Ok, thanks for this message! I won’t refresh my emails every 5 minutes now and I’ll live in the now and put arriva to the back of my head.
Good luck with the next stage with the GTR application process!!!! :)

re320

For those asking about not hearing, no news is good news. It means still being considered at least. That's how I look at it anyways and still hoping for new cross.
I think with these it's best to apply and then kind of forget about it or you will drive yourself crazy. I have friends that are drivers that applied over a few years and that was pre covid.
Good luck to everyone
*crosses everything*

luvash

Ah congrats! I already have opc too so just wondering why we have to do this again?
Thanks! And same. I even emailed them back asking if it's a mistake only to get a reply that I must complete what I've been sent whether or not I have passed them previous. I left it at that one email though, did not want to seem like a moaner lol :D

Lenny_U

Thanks! And same. I even emailed them back asking if it's a mistake only to get a reply that I must complete what I've been sent whether or not I have passed them previous. I left it at that one email though, did not want to seem like a moaner lol :D
Ah thank you for that! I was going to email them to ask the same but won't now haha.
I'll do mine in next few days!
Well done once again!

Indeed...the waiting is almost as bad as the VSE! How do you feel you did? I really have no clue!
Haha, totally! The wait is killing me! Don’t think my inbox has ever been refreshed this frequently.

To be honest, no idea! I think I got all of part 1, and all on part 2 but I had quite a few mistakes on part 3. Maybe 6 or 7? I can’t really remember as it went past so quickly!

HLK97

Haha, totally! The wait is killing me! Don’t think my inbox has ever been refreshed this frequently.

To be honest, no idea! I think I got all of part 1, and all on part 2 but I had quite a few mistakes on part 3. Maybe 6 or 7? I can’t really remember as it went past so quickly!
Yeah, that sounds about the same as me. I think I made one mistake on part 2, and then around 5 or 6 on part two. Not a clue what they are looking for though so no idea if that is good or bad!

Yeah, that sounds about the same as me. I think I made one mistake on part 2, and then around 5 or 6 on part two. Not a clue what they are looking for though so no idea if that is good or bad!
Yeah, same! Just no idea of how to judge it as the parameters could be anything. Here’s hoping we both passed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.