• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrDee7

Same still waiting mate. What depot did you apply for?
Quite annoying tbh. Can’t really make any moves until I know for sure what’s happening here… and I don’t :rolleyes:
Nevertheless, I’ve applied for New Cross Gate depot.

Razer Train

Has anyone heard back regarding their stage 2 results when they sat their assessments at the OPC on 29th April?

Razer Train

Hi razer train, could you please tell me how was trp1 and trp2, was it easy or hard ? Cheers
Hello.

I didn't have to sit this as I had already passed it with a different TOC. Sorry, but there are some useful material you can buy online that will help you on the day!

Good luck!

Sunny321

Hello.

I didn't have to sit this as I had already passed it with a different TOC. Sorry, but there are some useful material you can buy online that will help you on the day!

Good luck!
That is fine mate , trp1 is a memory test and cables and dials I thought you could just tell me if that was easy or hard , cheers

iwasyoungonce

That is fine mate , trp1 is a memory test and cables and dials I thought you could just tell me if that was easy or hard , cheers
Correct, whether someone found it easy or hard is irrelevant.
Its meant to predict how you would cope with the training involved in becoming a driver.
You wont pass the course wondering whether the other trainees are finding it easy or hard, the only person your competing against is yourself.

Sunny321

Correct, whether someone found it easy or hard is irrelevant.
Its meant to predict how you would cope with the training involved in becoming a driver.
You wont pass the course wondering whether the other trainees are finding it easy or hard, the only person your competing against is yourself.
Cheers mate very helpfull

Any one who is going to do VSE, my advice is to make sure you priortise the track in the 3rd part of the test.

Sunny321

Could anybody please tell me the VSE we do at OPC Watford is same or similar as we done before ? Cheers

TerryL

Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread on a Google search. I applied for the New Cross Gate position back in February, and had the same information request email as everyone else on here. And today I finally received my invite to take the VSE online test...

But now I'm apprehensive, last year I went through the process with Southeastern, done all the other tests without an issue, and the last test of the day was the VSE and that's where I failed.

I think I know where I went wrong and I was hoping for some clarification on what they actually consider as an error on the 3rd test. As apparently I failed as I over clicked the error button, maybe using my initiative and deciding something was an error was my mistake. But before I do it again and assume I should ignore certain things, is there any advise from those of you that passed it this time around.

PS I need to pick up a mouse tomorrow to do it.

Sunny321

Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread on a Google search. I applied for the New Cross Gate position back in February, and had the same information request email as everyone else on here. And today I finally received my invite to take the VSE online test...

But now I'm apprehensive, last year I went through the process with Southeastern, done all the other tests without an issue, and the last test of the day was the VSE and that's where I failed.

I think I know where I went wrong and I was hoping for some clarification on what they actually consider as an error on the 3rd test. As apparently I failed as I over clicked the error button, maybe using my initiative and deciding something was an error was my mistake. But before I do it again and assume I should ignore certain things, is there any advise from those of you that passed it this time around.

PS I need to pick up a mouse tomorrow to do it.
faults are dot skips one stop , 2 dots appears, red dot , half red dot and if it doesn't move with the regular pace .

Give priority on track side don't get distracted by symbols , I am sure you can make even 15 mistakes on symbols but try not to make more than 2 mistakes on track side , cheers

TerryL

faults are dot skips one stop , 2 dots appears, red dot , half red dot and if it doesn't move with the regular pace .

Give priority on track side don't get distracted by symbols , I am sure you can make even 15 mistakes on symbols but try not to make more than 2 mistakes on track side , cheers
Are you 100% on that? Because that sounds like all the stuff I clicked for before and I failed on clicking when there wasn't faults?

Really can't fail it a second time.

Razer Train

You can buy practice material online which are symbols compared to the shapes on the official.

But yes. With the VSE on assessment day. It will be the exact same to what you done in pre assessment VSE invite.

REO Nate

You can buy practice material online which are symbols compared to the shapes on the official.

But yes. With the VSE on assessment day. It will be the exact same to what you done in pre assessment VSE invite.
That’s very helpful, thank you.

Rylievie

I find it strange that people haven't heard back from stage 2 considering the computer based tests don't need to be sent to be marked. They know right there and then whether you pass or not. Only difference being the MMI.

Razer Train

I find it strange that people haven't heard back from stage 2 considering the computer based tests don't need to be sent to be marked. They know right there and then whether you pass or not. Only difference being the MMI.
When did you sit yours? And was you told you passed by the assessment people?

Gs1

Hi,
Can anyone tell me in the VSE is it dots going around a square track like in the paper practice material and you have to basically go box to box from left to right? Also with the letters in the practice material it's identifying boxes in which the coloums do not match and putting a line through it working left to right.
Or is it like a simulation if that makes sense. I'm interested to know how the test is presented on computer. For example do the symbols come up on the screen in boxes or are you presented with row and work your way across.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.