• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead line damage south of Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Lewis

Well, I suppose it wouldn't be a trip on East Coast if there wasn't some kind of delay somewhere(!)

It is a bit annoying to see a succession of FCC EMUs trundle past on the Down Slow while we are sat (on the 08.30 KGX-NCL) on the Down Fast for goodness knows how long.

Apparently the delay is due to vandalism - how can people vandalise overhead wires; surely they would be killed, or am I just being a tad naive?

Do you think we will get offered any more breakfast as compensation for the delay? Some hope!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
it's possible to vandalise OHL by throwing things at it- say from a bridge.

As for getting extra breakfast, that would in part rather depend on whether they have the supplies, wouldn't it?

Johnny Lewis

I hadn't thought of that. Too early on a Monday morning.

Anyway, we are on the move approx. 30 mins late; now at a halt just outside Peterborough station.

Plates have been cleared away, so no more breakfast I suspect (that comment was more than a little tongue-in-cheek anyway!)

The last two southbound trains to pass were both Grand Central; the first: a 180; the second, an HST. I didn't realise they were timed so close together, or are Grand Central now taking over the ECML by stealth...???

TheBigD

Established Member
it's possible to vandalise OHL by throwing things at it- say from a bridge.

As for getting extra breakfast, that would in part rather depend on whether they have the supplies, wouldn't it?

Indeed. Cable was thrown off Spittals bridge and was struck by 0800 ex London.

Status
Not open for further replies.