• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead Line Equipment Terminology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver068

Hello, thanks in advance on my query below.

I have been reading through a SA lately and i am wondering what the terminology FC and TSC might be be in relation to locations on routes. I am assuming its relating to OHLE but unsure.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
FC = Freight Corridor
TSC = Train Service Code
OHLE = Overhead Line Equipment
SA = Sectional Appendix

(Could be alternative meanings depending on context).

Does the document you've been looking at not include a glossary of definitions/acronyms?

Driver068

Many thanks to you both - apologies also i was meaning FS not FC - FS im assuming feeder station which i see is quite explanatory.

However what is meant by a Track Sectioning Cabin

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
FS = Feeder Station. Locations where high voltage from the grid is transformed to say 25 kV AC.

Ken H

On Moderation
Basil Coopers 'British Rail Handbook' published by Ian Allen was also a good primer on all sorts of rail stuff, incl electrification. I must dig my copy out.

mr_moo

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Indeeed. Gary is an amazing source of knowledge, and creating that book and then just giving it away is incredible.
And he's a great guy too (I know him). :)
Indeed. I paid extra for my signed copies of his first two print editions of the book. Fantastic source of information. But the free download online is just awesome (sorry for the Americanism!)

Driver068

Good info - will have a read. Cheers
Out of curiosity and i slighlty digress in regards to OLE and pantographs - does it depend on company policy or traction type to which panto is raised during travel - i always assumed it was rear in direction of travel but i have noticed this week front pantos have been raised, in particular LUMO

Status
Not open for further replies.