• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overnight ferries - more danger from air con in inside cabins than outside ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkleBoots

Given that air con can circulate the virus, is there is any advantage to choosing an outside cabin on overnight ferries?

I am thinking of the Harwich and Hull routes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Djgr

Established Member
Given that air con can circulate the virus, is there is any advantage to choosing an outside cabin on overnight ferries?

Almost by definition yes but I think the risk you are talking about is negligible. Of course it will cost you more which is a real and more quantifiable disadvantage

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

No, because on ferries you normally can't open the porthole so the aircon is the same either way. The benefit would be that if there is an outbreak and so you end up confined to cabin an outside one might be less claustrophobic.

LOM

You cannot open the cabin window on any overnight ferry I have been on anyway, so I would say it makes no difference.

scarby

Stena Line states: "Our ventilation systems are running on 100% fresh air, no recirculation."

Status
Not open for further replies.