• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overnight return availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Hi I'm looking at the availability of the overnight return (NVR) between Northallerton and Thirsk. The ticket is routed any permitted.

However there's some odd behaviour by apps. In the tpe app if I select a grand Central service combined with a tpe service it suggests buying a more expensive combination of singles. If I use the LNER app, it displays the fare but when I go to select it says this fare is unavailable.

Any answers? The ticket is any permitted so is valid on both, why are the booking engines trying to reject it on grand Central?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
Was endeavouring to book a TPE train today and a GC train back tomorrow. To be honest, more curious than particularly fussed about any train. Just noticed it, so to speak. I also note the curiousity of NRE saying the 1842 from Northallerton to Thirsk has no fares available.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Maybe the 1842 Grand Central Railway service requires pseudo-compulsory reservations and is deemed to be "fully booked" on the day you're looking at.

mikeg

Established Member
Ah true it is. Not sure it explains the Saturday services coming back if a tpe train is booked on the outward.

Unusual for GC to mark Friday services in this way, it's normally at the weekend. Well it's all a bit daft anyway.

Anvil1984

Established Member
Sunderland are playing a playoff final at Wembley tomorrow so GC have probably just given up and marked everything next 3 days as reservation only

Egg Centric

Sunderland are playing a playoff final at Wembley tomorrow so GC have probably just given up and marked everything next 3 days as reservation only
Currently being on a train heading there (and a semi obscure one at that requiring changing at Doncaster) can confirm you would not want to be on the ECML if not a Sunderland fan

Status
Not open for further replies.