• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overtime cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcewan82

What notice do Nwr have to give of they cancel an overtime shift? Can't find any information about it anywhere.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
In what context? I’d suggest discussing with your line manager, this may vary department to department.

Mcewan82

If they didn't give enough notice for cancelling the overtime, am I right in thinking it should still be paid?

Roger1973

If they didn't give enough notice for cancelling the overtime, am I right in thinking it should still be paid?

Most jobs that involve overtime or rest day work will usually have a clause that if it's cancelled with less than X amount of notice, then it should still be paid either in full or in part, but I don't think there's anything in law about this. (whether there should be is a separate question.)

what X is may be different depending on whether it's overtime attached to a rostered working day or a rostered rest day.

X will also vary depending on the terms and conditions of the job / employer (there may be different conditions for different posts / departments) so can really only suggest trying to find the terms and conditions for your own job, or speak to your local union rep.

LowLevel

Established Member
Speak to a local union rep or manager. There are endless different contracts and agreements at Network Rail and no one here has any hope of giving you accurate information really.

ungreat

What notice do Nwr have to give of they cancel an overtime shift? Can't find any information about it anywhere.
That's probably because there isn't any...just get on the phone to your manager.
What sort of a question is this for a forum??

Snow1964

Established Member
Get out your contract of employment, and read what it says, there are so many variations depending on which company employed you and when that no-one can guess.

You will only need to take it up with your line manager if you were not paid for it, but cancelation was after start cutoff notice time.

lineclear

If you're a signaller, you'll only get paid if your overtime shift was published on the roster. The company can choose whether to keep you spare and pay you the rest day worked, or book you off and pay you the hours flat rate.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
As others have said, you'll need to contact your line manager or your union and / or refer to your contact or terms & conditions. There's not really much more anyone else can add here that wouldn't be unhelpful due to the plethora of differing roles & contracts, so I'll think we close this off here.

Status
Not open for further replies.