• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxford Leeds returning via Stockport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas43

I want to go Oxford>Leeds on Sunday 22 July, don't care what route, and then return on Tuesday 24 July breaking my journey at Stockport.
NRE, if I enter via Manchester Piccadilly, will happily offer me an offpeak return for £88.40, and gives me train times via Manchester and Huddersfield. Seems therefore to do what I want.
However, I can't find Manchester as a permitted route. Is it perhaps the shortest route? The relevant maps seem to be MW (the 'obvious' routes via Derby), and MW+TV+LY. This trio allows Oxford-Manchester via Lichfield (but not Wolverhampton), and Manchester-Leeds via Halifax (but not Huddersfield).
What do you experts advise? Can someone confirm that Manchester Huddersfield is the shortest route? If not, do I just print out the NRE journey times and show them to the ticket inspector?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Leamington Spa to York is certainly valid via Wolverhampton, Manchester and Leeds - I have used this ticket in the past without issue.

I would suggest the following:
YRK-LMS Off-Peak R £59.30
LMS-OXF Off-Peak R £16.70

Total: £76.00
Both are CrossCountry-priced carrying their 2V restriction (valid after 0930)

YRK=York
LMS=Leamington Spa
OXF=Oxford

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Seems to be allowed by MW+TP.

(note that Map MW in the routing guide is actually two maps that you have to combine as it won't fit on one page!)

Nicholas43

Thanks so much, both of you! I stupidly hadn't spotted the second page of MW, which of course allows Oxford-Wolverhampton-Manchester. And the LMS split is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.