• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxford to London Liverpool Street, off peak, with no evening peak restrictions - where to buy to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagravarr

This inspired by the GWR December 2019 timetable and fare restrictions thread

Fairly often, I need to travel from Oxford to near London Liverpool Street, coming back in the evening peak period. Often I'll leave late enough to get a cheaper off-peak ticket. When I do, that tends to involve an off-peak day travel card, and the :07 Frome services with a change at Reading. However, I gather that option ends in December

While Chiltern from Marylebone is one option, I'm wondering if buying a ticket to somewhere just past Liverpool Street that's not GWR-priced might be better for me. Potters Bar was mentioned for Kings Cross / St Pancras, but I'll want to get the tube to Liverpool Street, which I don't think would be allowed on that ticket?

Where would be the cheapest place to buy an off-peak day return ticket to from Oxford, that isn't GWR priced so avoids the evening peak restrictions, that'd include the tube from Paddington to Liverpool street?

Status
Not open for further replies.