• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxford-Upminster query

Status
Not open for further replies.

midlandred

Hi

Am I missing something here, or what?

I'm looking at Oxford to Upminster, return, with London Travelcard, Senior Railcard discount

I put in Upminster as destination, best price - Anytime return £43.25
I put in London Paddington as destination, best price - Off-peak return £18.95

I assume that, as Upminster is in Zone 6, I can take the cheaper option, but why doesn't an Off-Peak return option appear when Upminster is the declared destination?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Is your return journey hitting the evening peak out of Paddington, perhaps? It's hard to know when given such little information to go on!

midlandred

Ah, I see now - there are restrictions on the returns from Paddington, but it gets confusing when the system works out a return from Upminster at the higher price, when you could actually wait at Paddington a very short time on that schedule and return on the cheaper price ticket
I admit to not having checked all the return times, so I'll get me coat . . . . . !
Thanks for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.