• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Card Priv Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM Hopeful

I know that non safeguarded staff don’t get discount on any underground services but am I right in saying that you can get priv discount added to your Oyster card for eligible routes, ie with Southern from Victoria to Thornton Heath?
How does this work if your journey is in conjunction with an underground journey, ie Paddington to Victoria first, does it charge separately for the underground first at full oyster price then separately for the Victoria to Thornton Heath bit at discounted rate?
I seem to remember reading something about getting this set up on your Oyster card at specific stations but can anyone confirm whether what I’ve said is correct/half correct?!

many thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BTU

All GTR staff get a PTRAC card which gives them 75% discount and the tube any time they want.

Juliet Barvo

You can get your Priv Card put onto your Oyster Card.

Just go to a manned Underground station.

Make sure they add the 75% discount, many underground staff don't deal with Priv cards often and they may just add it at the National Railcard rate. MAKE SURE THEY PUT IT AS 75% DISCOUNT.

Twotwo

Don't think it's allowed but they linked mines to 'all rail' so I get 75% off underground and national rail service lol

saracen

You can get your Priv Card put onto your Oyster Card.

Just go to a manned Underground station.

Make sure they add the 75% discount, many underground staff don't deal with Priv cards often and they may just add it at the National Railcard rate. MAKE SURE THEY PUT IT AS 75% DISCOUNT.

For non safeguarded?

TM Hopeful

Many thanks for your replies everyone, so presumably your Oyster card once updated at a ticket office knows when to charge full price ie underground and when to charge 75 percent discounted ie Southern within London?

RJ

Established Member
Hold on a second.

TM Hopeful, if you are non safeguarded then you cannot get the Priv discount loaded at an Underground station. You are entitled to the Priv "NR Only" Oyster discount which is only available at selected National Rail ticket office - there is a list available at https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/files/Publications/services/rst/RST_NR_Only_Priv_Oyster.pdf

Some LU staff will load a discount you aren't entitled to but this isn't a good thing. TfL do monitor this and you might find that your Oyster card gets blocked after a while. You'll have some explaining to do if you want the credit on the card back.

TM Hopeful

Hold on a second.

TM Hopeful, if you are non safeguarded then you cannot get the Priv discount loaded at an Underground station. You are entitled to the Priv "NR Only" Oyster discount which is only available at selected National Rail ticket office - there is a list available at https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/files/Publications/services/rst/RST_NR_Only_Priv_Oyster.pdf

Some LU staff will load a discount you aren't entitled to but this isn't a good thing. TfL do monitor this and you might find that your Oyster card gets blocked after a while. You'll have some explaining to do if you want the credit on the card back.

Many thanks, that link actually provides more detailed information than I currently have myself, and answers my question fully!
Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.