• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster/contactless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick66

In my experience London is actually the place south of about Darlington most likely to accept Scottish notes, simply because people know what they are. If they don’t you have a problem. Interesting to hear about the machines with the new notes; I’ve only ever had one spending most of my time in the south now. Surprisingly enough a lot of people I work with don’t even know Scottish notes exist!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fiyero

ps - don't go to Sydney, where all public transport is cash free and has to be paid for by card.
That brings back a memory from Perth, Australia. I'd got one of their Oyster equivalents and been using it but needed to top up. No cash facilities and it wouldn't take my prepaid card at the machine or even my normal bank card. I had to take cash to a bus, explain I didn't want to go anywhere and ask him to top it up for me! Much confusion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.