• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster - Elizabeth Line to/from Heathrow T4

Can I use oyster on the Elizabeth Line to/from Heathrow Terminal 4 or is it contactless.

I'll be travelling out on a Friday afternoon and returning Saturday morning, would oyster be the cheapest or is there an alternative?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alholmes

Oyster is accepted at Heathrow on the Elizabeth Line.

And to save a bit of money, break your journey at Hayes & Harlington (and touch out then touch back in at the gates).

Last edited:

spag23

On Moderation
And to save a bit of money, break your journey at Hayes & Harlington (and touch out then touch back in at the gates).
As a matter of interest, how much does this save? I'm not familiar with the layout at H&H, but presumably this will involve slipping back one train. And it may be a hassle with luggage?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As a matter of interest, how much does this save? I'm not familiar with the layout at H&H, but presumably this will involve slipping back one train. And it may be a hassle with luggage?
For Paddington to Heathrow at peak times it saves nothing. Off-peak it saves £1.80 (or £1.60 in evening peak to London).

PAD-Heathrow £12.20
PAD-Hayes&H £5.10/£3.50
Hayes-Heathrow £7.10/£6.90