• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer's in unusual places

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests1

Could anyone confirm whether a Pacer has made it onto any of the former southern region lines? I heard in the 1980's one made it to Yeovil Junction but stand to be corrected! It doesn't have to be just the Southern Region as I am intersted in all of their odd workings. Call me sad but I do have a bit of a soft spot for the class as they are very different to my usual diet of EMU's:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lm321412

Could anyone confirm whether a Pacer has made it onto any of the former southern region lines? I heard in the 1980's one made it to Yeovil Junction but stand to be corrected! It doesn't have to be just the Southern Region as I am intersted in all of their odd workings. Call me sad but I do have a bit of a soft spot for the class as they are very different to my usual diet of EMU's:D

Not Southern Region, but:

143001 was tested in the Birmingham area when new.

Other than that, Pacers have had virtually no use in the West Midlands region.

Yew

Established Member
Pacers can be quite fun, and would be good trains if they could sort out the bouncing, and the squeek. Personally I think they could be intresting trains to run on the northern line of the LU, I can see that just being right

When it comes to pacers in unusual places, I don't think any can beat 142049s jaunt across the Atlantic to Vancouver!

Anon Mouse

Established Member
I am sure a 143 made it to Dumfries vice a 156 once (I'm talking years ago when Heaton had 143's)

Status
Not open for further replies.