• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer's or Roof???

Pacer or Roof?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GNERman

Established Member
OK, following on from everyone's hatred of the Pacer's, would you rather:

• Have a half hour on a Class 142
  • Or have a half hour journey like this...

indian-railways-1.jpg

I'm not sure, I think that the latter could be a great experience but I wouldn't trust anyone near me as I would think they could push me off at any time...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
Of course I would rather have no pacer, but given the choice of a seat on a pacer or standing on a 153 I would take the pacer. (Yes I know that isn't the roof but I have been on many 153's in Lincolnshire that have been packed to the roof)

ukrob

Established Member
I see some idiots (including the person who started the poll) are voting for the roof.

They should go and live in 3rd world conditions for a while and see how they like it.

delt1c

Established Member
OK, following on from everyone's hatred of the Pacer's, would you rather:

• Have a half hour on a Class 142
  • Or have a half hour journey like this...

indian-railways-1.jpg

I'm not sure, I think that the latter could be a great experience but I wouldn't trust anyone near me as I would think they could push me off at any time...
Sorry but who said we all hate Pacers?

The 158 Man

Oh come on, these threads are getting stupid. :roll:

Like them or not, Pacers are going to be here for some time yet.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
dunno how old some of the stock used by DB Regio is, some dmu's seem to date from the 1970s (judging by their colour scheme, bright orange) and the loco hauled stock with the uncomortable seats may well date from the 1960s (or even earlier). However, neither are pretend buses

ukrob

Established Member
dunno how old some of the stock used by DB Regio is, some dmu's seem to date from the 1970s (judging by their colour scheme, bright orange) and the loco hauled stock with the uncomortable seats may well date from the 1960s (or even earlier). However, neither are pretend buses

What has that got to do it with?

Like it or not, the Pacers are far better than some stock used on the continent, so saying "until the EU declares them unsafe" is pointless bashing and weakens your argument.

I notice you are one of the people who chose you would rather ride on the roof than in a Pacer. Guess which would be banned first.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Being very honest I would rather travel on any "Pacer" than that even a "Pacers" safety seems better than that ?Indian? rail traveling system aswell plus I would get a seat on any type of "Pacer".

4SRKT

Established Member
Someone needs to start a highly controversial I Love Pacers thread.

Vulcan

I did the 'because pacer's can't defend themselves' thread, which is along the same lines. I'll fight their corner, as they really arn't as bad as some people on here seems to think, but use of the term 'love' might be a bit extreme. At the end of the day they're still on 4 wheels. The Ffestiniog realised bogies were better for passenger stock about 100 years ago!

Established Member
if I read another thread about pacers my head will explode!

how many polls do we need to show we do or do not like pacers?

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
if I read another thread about pacers my head will explode!

how many polls do we need to show we do or do not like pacers?

I would have to agree with you there.

Since an argument about who does and who does not like "Pacers" there have been several threads about them.

Established Member
Yeah, thank christ we`re not a marmite forum...oh and me likes marmite ooh and bovril cant beat a bit of bovril :D

4SRKT

Established Member
Why not get the best of both worlds and sneak down to Neville Hill at night and sit on the roof of a pacer?

Ivo

Established Member
Facebook Group:

I HATE PACERS!!!!!

:D What do we think...? [I haven't set up such a group. Yet anyway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.