• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

paid penalty fare but provided false information

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahciey

will you get prosecuted for providing false name and address to ticket inspector? I provided wrong last name and old address. already paid for the penalty fare immediately after i got a ticket but was wondering if they can prosecute me after the fact that they will know that i was lying to them. I panicked and thinking that what I heard about horror stories of names being posted and shame. I would surely not do it ever again. should I go back and tell the inspector if i can see him that what i provided to him was wrong information and tell him the truth.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If the penalty fare is paid in full, it’s unlikely you’ll hear anything further.

I think your regret of the situation is quite clear, don’t do it again! It is indeed an offence to provide wrong details to an authorised person (railway staff) when requested under the Railway Bylaws.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Train companies don’t post the details of people who have incurred penalty fares, although they occasionally do if they prosecute you!

scrapy

Established Member
If the penalty has been paid, thats the end of the matter. Tecnically speaking you could be prosecuted for giving a false name and address but it isnt going to happen. Just be careful in the future that you always have a valid ticket as if you encounter the same RPI you may encounter difficulties. (Its unlikely that they will remember but some never forget a name).

jahciey

I know will never happen next i was just afraid that after i provided him false information he would have check that i was lying. i will never do it again ever. thank you tho

Train companies don’t post the details of people who have incurred penalty fares, although they occasionally do if they prosecute you!
well im so dumb and just think that if i get a penalty fare they will post it and shame just wasnt thinking it through but im glad that i may have a second chance in life. i lost sleep about it thinking ill be criminalised as i am now aware that i could be. i will never never NEVEr do it again

If the penalty fare is paid in full, it’s unlikely you’ll hear anything further.

I think your regret of the situation is quite clear, don’t do it again! It is indeed an offence to provide wrong details to an authorised person (railway staff) when requested under the Railway Bylaws.
I won’t ever! ill make sure i will carry a valid ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.