• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paris to Nevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil281

Wondering if anyone can help me avoid cart haulage from Paris to Nevers. Traveling there in a few weeks. Couple of questions

A) Are the intercites services still partially or entirely loco hauled on the Paris-Clermont-Ferrand route?

B) Is there a way of finding out which services are still diagrams loco hauled in France?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
As far as I am aware the Intercites services between Paris and Clermont Ferrand are still hauled as are the regional trains between Paris and Nevers. The former are usually BB 26000 (Sybics) and the latter BB 22200.

ricohallo

I use this app that often shows what kind of cart is planned for a specific service. When it shows nothing it's mostly loco hauled. But apparently it is being retired. So far it still works though, otherwise you could try downloading the SNCF connect app but I have no experience with it. Also not sure whether there's an iOS version of these apps too with the same functionality.

Gordon

The Paris - Nevers - Clermont line is still mainly loco hauled.

A recent Todays Railways magazine summarises what's left (quite a lot in Rhone Alpes for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.