• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking at Tiverton Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox

I've booked a train ticket from Tiverton Parkway, somewhere I've never been before. Am I right in thinking that as it's a fair distance from the town there's plenty of parking, or will have trouble finding a space?

I'm due to be there around midday on a Tuesday in March.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarkyT

Established Member
I've booked a train ticket from Tiverton Parkway, somewhere I've never been before. Am I right in thinking that as it's a fair distance from the town there's plenty of parking, or will have trouble finding a space?

It's a good 10km from the town and station parking is only for rail users, with no other development nearby at all. I've only parked there once on a saturday for an early morning cross country start to the north when the line was closed for engineering work further west. There was plenty of space then even with temporary free parking in operation during the disruption but it was a weekend, so difficult to say what a normal weekday would be like.

Devonman2014

Tiverton parkway is indeed a fair distance from the station (6 miles I'd estimate) although and I stand to be corrected I believe there are buses stop there en route to Tiverton

As for parking it does get busy but never heard of anyone not getting a space ....

Mark

Envoy

Established Member
I drove in off the M5 to check it out last October. The car park alongside the station was pretty well full. However, a new car park was on the approach road and looked like it would open in a matter of days. (The approach road had double yellow lines). Buses link Tiverton Parkway with Tiverton town.

Click this link to see the area (colours are live traffic flows):>https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.9182296,-3.3614048,749m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.