• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed DMI for GWR PLYMOUTH... waiting in talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrie-Cole

Hello I thought I’d create a thread for all people that have passed their DMI’s

Just trying to get a rough idea of how many people are through to the talent pool...

Also we applied for 2019/2020, realistically could it be a waiting game even longer than that?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JunnyT

Hi,

Congrats on passing the DMI, I am still waiting for my DMI for Plymouth depot. I passed my MMI back in January 2020 with an email saying I am through to the next stage. However, haven't heard anything since. Guessing due to the virus, this has halted recruitment for the time being. So i could realistically be waiting a long time.

Carrie-Cole

Yeah it’s definitely been halted... I know from people that have wrote on the forums that training has been postponed for the minute

Daydr3am3r

There has been a lot taken on recently and I don’t think there are any local trainee courses starting now until the end of the year, which obviously could be longer now due to what’s going on.

paulwestwood

There has been a lot taken on recently and I don’t think there are any local trainee courses starting now until the end of the year, which obviously could be longer now due to what’s going on.

All training is on hold, including courses that have already started.

irish_rail

Established Member
Currently asking for 5 current Plymouth drivers to become instructors (and this is in the past month or so) , so it's a safe bet when things start to improve there will be lots of new drivers coming Plymouths way, so don't despair if you are now made to wait a few additional weeks.

Lankywhale

Passed my DMI in march. Not holding hope that I'll hear anything this year. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.